I'm blogging about some delectable delights I received this year, in case anyone is looking for gift ideas for their foodie friends :)
My friend Joy, who in previous years introduced me to the most wonderful chocolates at Woodhouse Chocolate (see my anniversary post about these chocolates!), is always sending me the most scrumptious gifts for my birthday. I am always eager to find out what she is going to send me next :) This year was no exception... and I was not disappointed when I opened my birthday package to find a beautiful gift box of Vosges exotic candy bars :)
The box includes 4 flavors:
- Gianduja Bar: almonds / caramelized hazelnuts / deep milk chocolate
- Black Pearl Bar: ginger / wasabi / black sesame seeds / dark chocolate
- Naga Bar: sweet Indian curry powder / coconut / deep milk chocolate
- Red Fire Bar: Mexican ancho y chipotle chillies / Ceylon cinnamon / dark chocolate
I've only sampled two of the bars so far, but the flavor combinations are amazing!
Another great food find that Joy introduced me to is an Ann Arbor favorite - Zingerman's. They have brownies that are to die for! This year, my friend Hannah sent me a box of their gigantic yummy cookies! Weighing in at nearly a quarter pound each, I received three wonderful types of cookies:
- Funky Chocolate Chunk with bittersweet Belgian chocolate chunks and toasted walnuts
- Big Oatmeal Raisin with real maple syrup and Red Flame raisins
- Ginger Jump-Ups with crystallized ginger, Indonesian Korintje cinnamon, and muscavado brown sugar
I have only tried the Ginger Jump-Ups so far, but WOW, can you taste that ginger! I see where they got the name for that cookie, because the ginger flavor really jumps out at you!
I would like to add that my cats are particularly thankful for my birthday as well, as they love nothing more than new boxes :)
Stitch, enjoying his new "bed"
Thank you, Joy and Hannah, for sending me these delectable delights! :)