Yep! That's right. MeMe x 5. Believe it or not, I've been tagged by 5 different bloggers within the course of one week! I've been tagged by April (Abby Sweets), Bridget (Bake at 350), Lindsey (Lindsey's Kitchen), BMK (Reservations Not Required), and Laura (Kickin' Up Dough).
Here are the MeMe rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
So this is going to be a really long post just about me :) Because I was tagged by not one, but five bloggers, I now need to think of 25 random things about myself and tag 25 bloggers!
Ok, so here goes...
25 things you may or may not already know about me:
1) I am the youngest of two in my family.
2) I have an older brother, who is 4.5 years older than me.
3) My husband also comes from a family of two. Not only that, but both my husband and my brother have February birthdays while both my sister in law and I have November birthdays. So my husband and his sister are exactly 4.5 years apart as well.
4) According to a skin test, I am allergic to peanuts. I found this out after I started spontaneously breaking out in hives all the time. I went through approximately 6 months where this was a problem. Now I can eat peanuts and it's usually not an issue. I still sometimes break out in hives, but I just deal with it... I love peanuts and peanut butter too much to give it up ;)
5) My parents were "boat people" that came to the US during the Vietnam War without a penny in the their pockets. They are living proof that the "American Dream" is possible.
6) I grew up in "the OC" (Orange County, California).
7) I went to college in Connecticut.
8) I went to graduate school in North Carolina.
9) We live in Texas now.
10) I don't eat mushrooms.
11) I don't eat olives.
12) I don't eat nuts (except peanuts).
13) I don't like dark chocolate.
14) I love spicy food.
15) My favorite cuisine is probably Thai.
16) I cook and bake in a tiny apartment kitchen that is approximately 45 sq. ft.
17) I met my husband online in April 2003.
18) We got engaged April 2005.
19) We were married in September 2005.
20) We were married in a small, intimate ceremony in Hawaii.
21) We have no children, just four legged kids: a dog named Star, and two cats named Linus and Stitch.
22) I am double jointed so I can rotate my right arm a full 360 degrees!
23) I have donated my hair to charity twice now: 13 inches back in 1998 and 9.5 inches this past January.
24) I love snorkeling, but have never gone scuba diving. I'm trying to decide right now if I want to go to the trouble of learning how to dive before our next big vacation.
25) I take my food photos for this blog using a regular point and shoot camera, a Canon Powershot SD1000.
Whew! It's hard thinking of so many things. Ok, now I need to tag 25 bloggers. I'm going to pick some that I know and some that I don't know at all to keep things interesting :)
Alejandra of Always Order Dessert
Anita of Dessert First
Bea of La Tartine Gourmande
Beth of Our Sweet Life
Bexxie of Pies and Bass
Brilynn of Jumbo Empanadas
Carla of Dessert Lounge
Carol of French Laundry at Home
Caroline of A Consuming Passion
Cathy of Not Eating Out in New York
Emiline of Sugar Plum
Heather of It's All About Me
Helen of Tartelette
Jen of Use Real Butter
Jenny of Foray into Food
Jessica of Su Good Sweets
Kevin of Closet Cooking
Patricia of Technicolor Kitchen
Rachel of Coconut & Lime
Robin of Caviar and Codfish
Stephanie of Ch-ch-chocolate
Suzanne of Blueberry Cottage
Valerie of Bake Your Cake and Eat It Too
Valli of More Than Burnt Toast
Warda of 64 sq ft kitchen
Unless otherwise noted, text and photographs © 2007-2011 Good Eats 'n Sweet Treats. All Rights Reserved.
Use of posts or images is welcomed, but please credit and link back to Good Eats 'n Sweet Treats.